It contains important information on who I am and how and why I collect, store, use and share your personal information. It also explains your rights in relation to your personal information and how to contact me or supervisory authorities in the unlikely event you have a complaint.
I collect, use and am responsible for certain personal information about you. When I do so I am subject to data protection laws which apply across the European Union and the United Kingdom and responsible as the ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Important information and who I am.
Carrie Mason Trading as Calm & Confident Mind
Email address: [email protected]
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). However, I care deeply about your data protection rights and I would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact me using the details above in the first instance.
Your duty to inform me of changes
It is important that the personal data I hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep me informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with me.
The data I collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
I may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which I have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery or postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use my web pages, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from me and my third parties and your communication preferences.
I also if I collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, I may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data, and criminal convictions and offences.
I need to collect the following sensitive data about you in order to deliver my services or products or to assist with your therapy.
Sensitive data required for therapy may include information about your health, your medical background, your lifestyle, your relationship status, your family, your past & information about your sex life.
I will require your explicit consent for processing sensitive data, so when you provide your details, I am asking you to confirm your explicit consent to this processing. And you consent to me processing this sensitive data so I may provide you with Rapid Transformational Therapy &/or Hypnotherapy services.
How is your personal data collected?
I use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give me your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with me by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you (where applicable):
- apply for my products or services;
- create an account on my website;
- subscribe to my service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- provide me some feedback or contact us.
- I may receive Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Paypal.
How I use your personal data
I will only use your personal data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where I need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or I have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for my legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where I need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- To keep you updated about my products and services where you have consented to this. We shall send this information to you by email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contact me at carrie.[email protected] and by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button in my emails.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
I have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways I may use your personal data, and which of the legal bases I rely on to do so. I have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that I may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Purpose/Activity Type of data Lawful basis for processing & basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer (a) Identity Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including: (a) Identity (a) Performance of a contract with you
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges (b) Contact (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (b) Collect and recover money owed to us/me (c) Financial (to recover debts due to us/me)
(e) Marketing and Communications
(c) Profile (c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our (b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey (d) Marketing and Communications products/services)
To enable you to partake in a competition or complete a survey (a) Identity (a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Contact (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study
(c) Profile how customers use our products/services, to develop
(d) Usage them and grow our business)
(e) Marketing and Communications
To administer and protect my business and this website (a) Identity (a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system (b) Contact) business, provision of administration and IT services,
maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) (c) Technical network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group structuring exercise)
b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to (a) Identity Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how
you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the (b) Contact customers use our products/services, to develop them,
advertising we serve to you (c) Profile to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
(e) Marketing and Communications
To use data analytics to improve website, products/services, (a) Technical Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types
marketing, customer relationships and experiences (b) Usage of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about (a) Identity Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our
goods or services that may be of interest to you (b) Contact products/services and grow our business)
I strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. My lawful ground for processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, I may send you marketing communications from me if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, I may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from me at any time.
Promotional offers from me
I may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what I think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how I decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from me if you have requested information from me or purchased goods or services from me and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
I do not share your personal data with any third parties.
Opting out of marketing
You can ask me or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting me by e-mail at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to me as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience, therapy or other transactions.
Change of purpose
I will only use your personal data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Please note that I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosures of your personal data
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above:
- External Third Parties such as service providers, professional advisers, HMRC and regulators. Including but not limited to, IT services and software providers, accountants, auditors and professional Insurers.
- I require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
I do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
I have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, I limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to my relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, I consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law I have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes and in line with Insurance requirements I am required to retain your data for a minimum of eight years from the date the data was provided.
If you are not a customer I shall retain your data for 2 years following your last engagement with me.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see ‘Request erasure’ below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case I may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact me by email.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, I may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.